Background & ethos
Hannah-Rose Tristram cares deeply about accessible embodied practices, and the positive, therapeutic, fun, healing, centering, empowering, growth-ful, expressive, liberating, nourishing, strength-giving, restful and revivifying experiences that these can be for people.
Hannah-Rose has a 1st Class BA(Hons) in Dance and Music from Kingston University. She is also a highly qualified Yoga teacher, with a wide range of other embodied practice trainings and experience too.
Hannah-Rose has been teaching Yoga / holding yoga spaces since 2010. To find out more about Hannah-Rose’s approach to Yoga teaching and facilitation, you might like to read this book of advice she wrote for graduating yoga teachers. Jude, another excellent yoga teacher, made Hannah-Rose’s text into this e-book.
Giving voice / singing is itself an embodied practice. All of Hannah-Rose’s experiences in other fields of embodied practice contribute to the ways in which she can hold safe, encouraging, helpful spaces for people, vocally and in other contexts too.
All classes / sessions led by Hannah-Rose are intended to be safe, welcoming spaces in which people are encouraged to adapt, ignore or embellish the given invitations, to best suit them.
Hannah-Rose does her best to create embodied practice environments that are fat positive, body positive, respectful of autonomy and boundaries, and in which all activities are Opt-In (meaning you are encouraged to opt in and/or opt out as best suits your needs and inclinations).
Hannah-Rose also does her best to create spaces that are inclusive and respectful of people of all genders. For example, by encouraging participants to respect and use each other’s names and pronouns, and to avoid making assumptions about other people’s identities and experiences.
Allyship of all kinds is important, and Hannah-Rose and does her best to enact this throughout her offerings. She is always open to and grateful for feedback about how she can be a better ally to all humans, within the spaces that she holds, and in general.
See below to find out more about:
Regular GROUP sessions happening now
- Yoga For M.E.
A yoga class intended to be accessible for people with M.E., which welcomes people with other chronic conditions who may benefit from the class too. Co-led via zoom by Hannah-Rose Tristram and Becky Braybrook, Thursday afternoons 2.30-3.30 pm.
This class is currently supported by a grant to ensure it can keep running with low cost options for those who need it most. For sign up details or inquiries, email Hannah-Rose or use one of the contact details on the flier above.
- GLOW Choir Brighton!
GLOW is a Natural Voice Choir for LGBTQIA+ folks and Allies, led by Hannah-Rose. All voices are welcome at GLOW Choir!
GLOW is currently operating via zoom on Saturday afternoons, 2.30-4.30 with a break halfway through. GLOW is on this list on this page, because it is a regular group offering, and because singing is an embodied practice.
Promotional information below is for the May-July term 2021. Contact Hannah-Rose for new/current term dates and further details.
one to one sessions
If you would like a session tailored to you, contact Hannah-Rose for details.
You might like to inquire about a one-to-one accessible yoga session, a singing / voice coaching / therapeutic voice session, a guided mindful movement or accessible dance session, or something else related to the combination of qualifications, experiences and viewpoints that Hannah-Rose has.
You and Hannah-Rose can communicate with a view to both getting creative and getting clear, about what it is you want from your one-to-one sessions, and whether Hannah-Rose is the right person to provide these things for you.
To purchase a gift voucher for a one to one session, for somebody else, head on over to the webshop.
training, qualifications and experience
Hannah-Rose’s Yoga related training and qualifications include:
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training, 200 Hour Certification, 2010.
- Yoga Therapy for Children with Developmental Challenges, with Jo Manuel, 2011.
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy Training, with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, 2012.
- Gayatri mantra studies and practice with Bernadette Vallely, 2013.
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, 2014.
- Unity Partner Yoga Teacher Training with Sevanti, 2015-2016.
- Core Control & Bandha Engagement in Transition Stability CPD, with Dan Peppiatt, 2016.
Hannah-Rose’s Yoga related employment and experience includes:
- Yoga For M.E. classes in person and online, 2019-2021
- Queer Spirit Festival 2016
- Partner Yoga courses, 2016-2017
- Partner Yoga at the Manchester Yoga Show 2016
- At About Balance Brighton, regular Kripalu Yoga Classes, Pregnancy Yoga Classes, and cover work, 2014-2017
- At Revitalise Brighton & Hove, regular Kripalu Yoga Classes, Pregnancy Yoga Classes, and cover work, 2014-2017
- Nine Lives Yoga Rave, assistance and demonstrations, 2014-2015
- NHS Staff Yoga Class Brighton, cover, 2015
- Anahata Brighton, cover, 2015
- B-Fit Little Dippers Brighton, cover, 2015
- Float Spa Hove, cover, 2015
- Coral Health Club, cover, 2015
- Partner Yoga Couples Sessions, including tailored practices for people with chronic health conditions and disabilities, 2015-2018
- At Asana Health Kingston, regular Kripalu Yoga Classes, 2013-2014
- Independent Community Classes in Kingston, 2012-2013
- Kingston University Dance BA, ALP, Kripalu Yoga Class, 2010-2012
- David Lloyd Kingston, cover, 2010-2014
- Independent community class cover, Richmond, 2010-2013
- Little Bird Festival, 2011
- IYAF Festival, indoor and outdoor classes, 2011-2013
- Living Arts Buddhafield, yoga and VocoMotion sessions, 2012
- Unicorn Natural Voice Camp, vocal teaching and VocoMotion voice and movement sessions 2005-2012,
- Unicorn Natural Voice Camp, yoga sessions for adults and children, 2010-2012
- Think In Kingston yoga workshop 2011
- NVN annual gathering 2011-2012
- National Library Day yoga workshop Kingston 2012
- Private individual yoga sessions including children, adults, young adults, people with disabilities and older people, 2010 to present day.
Hannah-Rose’s Dance & Movement related qualifications, training and experience include:
- 1st Class BA(Hons) in Dance and Music from Kingston University, 2012
- Five Rhythms Dance Placement with Tim Broughton, as part of Access To Dance module of Kingston University BA Dance programme, 2011-2012
- Actor Musicianship Training at Rose Bruford College, 2005-2006
- Apprenticeship with embodied voice teacher and NVN founder, Frankie Armstrong, 2007-2008
- Natural Voice Teacher Training including Feldenkrais for singers, with Frankie Armstrong and Darien Pritchard, April 2007.
- Chichester Festival Youth Theatre, participation as an actor, musical director, and creative, on over 15 productions, 1992-2003
- John Highland memorial award at CFYT 2001, for work as an actor, musician and musical director in the CFYT production of Brecht’s Caucasian Chalk Circle
- International study and performance tours including dance, song and music, with Village Harmony and Northern Harmony, 1996 to 2014
- Contact improvisation classes with Charlie Morrissey, and regular contact improvisation jams
- Independent study and practice of dance forms including belly dance, flamenco, Balkan folk dance, Bharatanatyam, contemporary dance, morris dance, sacred dance, authentic movement, and more.
- Collaboration with 5 Rhythms Teacher Tim Broughton, to create voice and 5 Rhythms combo workshops, under the name ‘VocoMotion’ & ‘Voice & Body In Motion.’
- Continued facilitation of ‘VocoMotion’ voice and movement sessions, at festivals and as independent workshops.
Other Helpful Qualifications and Training:
- Music and singing related qualifications, training and skills: see separate post here.
- Trauma Workshop with Matthias J Barker, 2021.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, training hosted by Brighton Housing Trust, 2021.
- Talking About Suicide, 10 Tools, with Olly’s Future & Start the Conversation, 2021.
- NVC Compassionate Communication, Foundation 2008, Deepening 2008, Refresh Day 2020
- Estill Voice Training Levels 1 and 2, completed 2016 and 2020.
- Menarche, Menstrual and Menopause positive related courses with Red School, 2012 to 2020
- St John’s Ambulance First Aid Training, 2012
- Work experience at National Theatre 2004
- Work experience at Rainbow Theatre 2002
Other Experience you might want to know about:
- A number of poetry and creative writing publications, experiences and awards (information to be linked to at a later date).
- For music, voice and singing related employment, experience, skills, training and qualifications, see this post. Thank you!
contact to inquire
Hi! I’m changing to writing in the first person now. I hope that isn’t too much of a jolt.
If you want to talk to me about anything on this page, I want to hear from you!
You might want to contact me about:
- Asking for clarity about something
- Booking a session for yourself or someone else
- Booking a bespoke workshop for your group/event
- Finding out how to join in with regular offerings
- Proposals for work
- Something else!
If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form below.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.