Dear friends, time is running out!
THIS TUESDAY (at 11 pm I believe) is the deadline for doing your bit to STOP the pointless destruction of villages, communities, wildlife, habitats, the peace of an ancient community church, the health of the lungs of primary school children, the tranquility of the countryside, the homes of rare species and the homes of some humans!
PLEASE, take just TWO MINUTES to send an email saying you object to the The Arundel Bypass Grey Route Option.
Please email A27ArundelBypass@highwaysengland.co.uk saying you object to the Arundel Bypass Grey Route Proposal.
If possible, please also include your full name and postcode, and put A27 Arundel Bypass Objection as the email title, but don’t worry if you can’t do this or prefer to be anonymous.
Please give a reason you object. This could be one of many as it is such a terrible plan! I’ve put some examples below but feel free to say whatever comes to mind. It’s fine if it’s only a sentence or two – whatever you’re happy to say.
This will only take 2 minutes but it can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE. If there isn’t a clear majority of objections against the grey route, Highways England may push ahead regardless of public disapproval and grief.
We need to make it REALLY CLEAR that the public will not tolerate this.
The deadline is TUESDAY NIGHT!!!
Thanks so much,
IDEAS FOR REASONS TO OBJECT:
* Going against Climate Change goals by destroying greenery, creating CO2 and other pollution in the process of building the bypass, and then bringing more cars onto roads. It is proven that building more roads just puts more cars on roads.
The planet needs LESS cars on the road, NO more roads being built, and MORE protection of our green spaces, our forests and fields, our gardens and hedgerows… Feel free to put you own spin on this!
* Destroying communities. Four villages will be torn apart by this plan, including devastating effects on a local community church, and a local primary school. People will be forced out of their homes, as will animals and endangered species, and communities will be divided.
* Wasting tax payers money by destroying our planet.
* If this road is allowed to go ahead, it may well pave the way for Highways England (aka National Highways) to continue destroying places of natural beauty until we have none left.
* Peace and tranquility – everyone needs time in nature. Binsted, and other places affected by the Grey Route proposal, are places of stunning natural beauty that people love to visit for mental & physical health, spiritual connection and getting away from the noise and pollution of more built up areas. Highways England’s plan will bring noise and pollution to these beautiful nature spots.
* Anything else you would like to say about why our natural beauty, our wildlife, our green spaces, our land, our communities, our neighbours, our churches and our schools, our collective health, should not be compromised by proposals such as these. Anything else you would like to say about why you object.
Thank you so much if you can help. You can really make a difference in this!