Come and enjoy GLOW Choir Brighton’s End of Term Sharing!
Celebrating Community, Music, LGBTQ+ folk and Allies, and raising funds for LGBTQ+ Charity Educate & Celebrate. http://www.educateandcelebrate.org/
Saturday 23rd of June, 5.30, at St Luke’s Church Prestonville, Old Shoreham Road (near Seven Dials).
Doors open 5.00. Starts 5.30 sharp!
Music, poetry, comedy and refreshments, 5.30 to 7.30ish.
Tickets £5 on the door.
50% of profits from the event will be donated to Educate & Celebrate; and promotional info and merch for E&C will be available to take away with you too! There will be a pot for further donations, so bring your spare change if you’d like to contribute more.
You can expect to witness some of the following delights:
* GLOW Choir singing a wide range of songs, which may include: “Tebe Poem,” a Bulgarian Orthodox song by Dobri Hristov, in Old Church Slavonic. “Sjajna Svjezda,” a Bosnian love song. A traditional Spanish ode to a serene sea! “Walk A Mile in my Shoes,” by Rebecca Spalding, inviting compassion for refugee situations. “Da Pacem Cordium,” a peaceful Taize round by Jacques Berthier. An ode to insomnia by Hannah-Rose. A heart warming stomper, “We Got All The Love,” by Helen Yeomans. The deeply peaceful and moving “Ya Hayyo, Ya Qayoomb” by Nickomo. And uplifting shorties by Colin Harrison, Kenneth Simpson, Nick Prater, Oona McOuat&Sue Fitzpatrick, and Dee Jarlett. And most likely some surprises too!
* Spoken word comedy from Ali Hannon of The Short & Girlie Improv Troupe!
* Tom Isaacs singing John Legend’s “All Of Me”
* Stirring poetry offerings from Bryony of Bryony May’s Mind Strays
* And who knows what else!?
A varied buffet of food and soft drinks will be provided by offerings from members of the choir, and is included in the ticket price.
50% of profits from the evening (after St Luke’s Church has been paid) will go to Educate & Celebrate. Read more about them here: http://www.educateandcelebrate.org/
I hope you can make it along to celebrate GLOW Choir and more!
GLOW Choir is a Natural Voice Community Choir for LGBTQ+ folk and Allies. All voices are welcome without auditions or judgement. For more information, see our website: https://glowchoir.weebly.com/glowchoir-brighton.html
Facebook Event Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1028442897306917/
I hope to see you there!