Skills, Qualifications and Experience. Where I’m coming from with this whole teaching-singing malarky.
I’m always researching, learning and developing, which is a joy. But so you know a bit about my background and training, see below for an overview.
Qualifications / experience include:
* Estil Voice Training levels one and two.
* First Class BA (Hons) in Music and Dance, Kingston University.
* Actor Musicianship training at Rose Bruford College.
* Flute Grade 8.
* Grade 5+ Music Theory.
* Natural Voice Teacher Training with Frankie Armstrong and Darien Pritchard.
* Apprenticeship with Frankie Armstrong.
* Vocal training with Margaret Pikes.
* Many years teaching and learning at Unicorn Natural Voice Camp.
* Leading singing in a range of contexts, including adult education, hospitals, festivals, workplace choirs, community choirs and theme-specific workshops.
* Community choir leadership, including Breath of Life Singers Arundel, Wilful Choir Kingston, Shakti Sings, KU World Music Chorus, and GLOW Choir Brighton.
* Community choir participation, including Get Vocal Chichester.
* Church choirs, including Boxgrove Priory Choir.
* Classical and chamber choirs, including Diversity Choir and Kingston University Chamber Choir.
* Various school choirs, back in days of yore!
* A cappella performances with vocal trios, quartets and small groups.
* Specialist study and performance of the songs of Edith Piaf.
* Folk music from around the world.
* Working with bands.
* Performance skills.
* Theatre performances.
* Sight singing and music theory.
* Learning by ear.
* Composition and songwriting.
* Healthy use of the whole body in vocal performance.
* Sustainable vocal use.
* Musical Directing.
* Musical theatre.
* Psychological aspects of giving voice.
* Voice work as therapy.
* I’m also a well-qualified and widely experienced yoga teacher, and I incorporate what I’ve learnt from this into my vocal teaching and practice.